Kasey and Corey are one of the most laid-back couples I have ever worked with. It was so refreshing that their focus was so obviously on their marriage and not just the one day of the wedding.
While they live in Chicago now, Kasey is from Lawrence, KS so I got the pleasure of being within an hour of the venue! This fun-loving couple met four years ago on their mutual friends’ annual canoe/camping trip (I just love finding other adventurous people) on the Wisconsin River. Kasey says that Corey wooed her with technology (which she is generally against) as he introduced her to a star gazing app. After that trip, their friends were unable to keep organizing the trip so they took over and it has been an important part of their lives ever since!
Keep scrolling to read the rest of their story....
On their trip last fall, Corey surprised Kasey by getting her sister (who was living in Houston) to join them for the trip! She thought that was the big surprise, but I think you can guess what was the real surprise ;) After canoeing all day, he gathered their 25 friends around the bonfire before dinner, thanked everyone for coming and popped the question to Kasey by asking her to be in his canoe for the rest of his life and getting down on one knee. I don’t know about you, but this is quite impressive if you have ever been canoeing with your spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend before and know how much patience that takes. Kasey said she fell down crying and said yes (or at least she thinks she did, it was all a little blurry). Corey even brought the ring on the trip and miraculously didn't lose it in the sand!
Boisterous, clever and thoughtful are the words that Kasey uses to describe Corey, while 'old soul,' down to earth and tiny but strong is how Corey describes her. These two are a great team and this beautiful day is only the beginning of their lifetime full of float trips and memories!
Shoutout to the other wonderful vendors for all their hard work!
1. Wedding Coordinator - Miranda and Lauren from Belle Journee
2. Florist – Leann Johnson with Hyvee Floral Department
3. Cake(s) – Delicious cupcakes made by Kasey's high school friend Alyssa Haase
4. Officiant – Grady Behrens, brother of the groom
5. Bridal Dress From – Pronovias, purchased at Mira Couture
6. Bridesmaid's Dresses – J Crew
7. Bride's Shoes – J Crew
9. Groomsmen - Calvin Klein Suits
11. Hair Stylist – Jessica Walker from Trilogy Hair Company
12. Makeup Artist – Jessica Walker
13. Band or DJ – DJ Candlepants!
15. Invitations – Paper Source
16. Jewelry – Steve Abrahamian at Baguette Jewelers in Chicago
17. Table Name Plates printed by BPI Color, Milwaukee, WI